Welcome!

Hello everyone, and welcome to 111 Archer Avenue. What started as a film review blog has become my online judgment forum. I will review the occasional movie or DVD, post an interesting trailer, critique a newly-read book, talk about sports, and share my thoughts and opinions on random issues. You can also follow me on Twitter (@OlieCoen) or check out my work on DVDTalk.com. Thank you and enjoy!

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Trailer - Drive

Director: Nicolas Winding Refn
Starring: Ryan Gosling, Carey Mulligan, Albert Brooks
Year: 2011

Action movies aren't my thing. I understand that they're produced to sell tickets, not create art, but I'm not buying. Bad plots, worse scripts, actors that aren't good enough to make it in dramas; no thank you. However, this film may have none of those things. It may just be that perfect blend between art and adrenaline that both critics and audiences will love.


No comments:

Post a Comment