Welcome!

Hello everyone, and welcome to 111 Archer Avenue. What started as a film review blog has become my online judgment forum. I will review the occasional movie or DVD, post an interesting trailer, critique a newly-read book, talk about sports, and share my thoughts and opinions on random issues. You can also follow me on Twitter (@OlieCoen) or check out my work on DVDTalk.com. Thank you and enjoy!

Monday, December 3, 2012

Sports - Playoff Picture

I'm not sure why I'm obsessed with this, but I'm really enjoying keeping tabs on the NFL playoff picture.  Perhaps it's because the Broncos are relevant, or perhaps because I love the storyline of their projected matchup with the Colts.  Either way, it's interesting to see the potential scenarios and the current rankings.

Additionally, more teams punched their tickets to the playoffs this week.  Houston is officially in the playoffs, and Denver, New England, and Atlanta have already clinched their divisions, partly due to great play and partly due to poor competition.  But, doesn't matter, those teams are in.

The Broncos, for winning the AFC West, will host at least the first playoff game, which is a huge advantage, especially if they could draw a warm weather or a dome team (Indy) and welcome them to Denver in January.  Very exciting.  Take a look at the current playoff picture and check back each week to see the updates.

4 comments:

  1. Exciting stuff! Maybe I finally get to make that broncos cake this year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be more excited if the Bengals' final two games were not @ Pittsburgh and then home against the Ravens. Must win games that the Bengals just can't seem to win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's been their MO during the Marvin Lewis era.

      Delete