Welcome!

Hello everyone, and welcome to 111 Archer Avenue. What started as a film review blog has become my online judgment forum. I will review the occasional movie or DVD, post an interesting trailer, critique a newly-read book, talk about sports, and share my thoughts and opinions on random issues. You can also follow me on Twitter (@OlieCoen) or check out my work on DVDTalk.com. Thank you and enjoy!

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Movie Trailer - In the Heart of the Sea

Director: Ron Howard
Starring: Chris Hemsworth, Cillian Murphy, Ben Whishaw
Release: March 13th, 2015

I've read Moby Dick, unabridged, and it was perhaps the most difficult read of my life.  It was painfully boring and detailed, well-written no doubt, but about a subject matter heaped with metaphors that I cared nothing about.  I like Ron Howard, and even Chris Hemsworth, but you can only make a whale so terrifying.  Perhaps the human element of the story will shine and it'll become a survival film; that I could get on board with.

2 comments:

  1. I love Chris Hemsworth for his good looks and sexy accent, but I'm not sure he's talented enough to carry such a dramatic story. But has Ron Howard ever made a bad movie? Could be interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Missing wasn't any good, and I assume The Dilemma isn't, but other than that Howard is a strong director.

    ReplyDelete