Welcome!

Hello everyone, and welcome to 111 Archer Avenue. What started as a film review blog has become my online judgment forum. I will review the occasional movie or DVD, post an interesting trailer, critique a newly-read book, talk about sports, and share my thoughts and opinions on random issues. You can also follow me on Twitter (@OlieCoen) or check out my work on DVDTalk.com. Thank you and enjoy!

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Sports - Broncos vs. Texans


Just in case you didn't know, I love the Denver Broncos.  I was born the year John Elway was drafted and have been obsessed ever since.  I've been through the Elway Era, the Bubby Brister debacle, the Brian Griese slump, the Jake Plummer revival, the Jay Cutler morose, Tebow-mania, and now Peyton's Place.  After a tough week last week at Atlanta the Broncos look to rebound against Houston, an excellent team.  Gary Kubiak knows the Broncos well as an ex-player and ex-assistant.  The key to the game: TACKLE ARIAN FOSTER!  The Texans run the exact same zone-blocking scheme that the Broncos ran for years when Kubiak was in Denver; we ought to be able to recognize it, react to it, and thwart it.  Peyton's mistakes from last week will fix themselves, he is who he is, so the offense should do fine.  But stopping the Texans run game will make or break this match-up.  Good luck, and Go Broncos!

No comments:

Post a Comment