Welcome!

Hello everyone, and welcome to 111 Archer Avenue. What started as a film review blog has become my online judgment forum. I will review the occasional movie or DVD, post an interesting trailer, critique a newly-read book, talk about sports, and share my thoughts and opinions on random issues. You can also follow me on Twitter (@OlieCoen) or check out my work on DVDTalk.com. Thank you and enjoy!

Monday, September 24, 2012

Thought - Favorite Book



What is your favorite book? And I refuse to believe you do not have one.

Mine is Ishmael by Daniel Quinn.

My rating: ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure this benefits from being a more recent read, but I'm going with 'Hearts in Atlantis' by sai Stephen King. Rarely have I read a more satisfying ending.

    If you could physically bind the entirety of the Wheel of Time into one book I would go with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great book, especially since he has a tendency to lose steam near the end of his stories.

      The Wheel of Time could be the best series of all time if it didn't have to compete with the Lord of the Rings.

      Delete
  2. I'm trying to think of a book I've read multiple times... but I've got nothing.
    I also loved "Hearts in Atlantis," and I'll never forget how I felt when I read "Les Miserables"... great blend of story and philosophy, although I recommend the abridged version to cut out excess & redundancy of the later.
    As a young girl and teen, I lost myself in "Anne of Green Gables" more than once and look forward to revisiting that with Evelyn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried 'Les Miserables' once, it was difficult, but I'd like to give it another go.

      Delete