Welcome!

Hello everyone, and welcome to 111 Archer Avenue. What started as a film review blog has become my online judgment forum. I will review the occasional movie or DVD, post an interesting trailer, critique a newly-read book, talk about sports, and share my thoughts and opinions on random issues. You can also follow me on Twitter (@OlieCoen) or check out my work on DVDTalk.com. Thank you and enjoy!

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Movie Trailer - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

Director: Peter Jackson
Starring: Martin Freeman, Ian McKellan, Richard Armitage
Release: December 13th, 2013

Am I the only one who thinks this looks bad?  I mean, since when did the dwarves have a sword fight while riding around in their barrels?  I was glad that the Lord of the Rings trilogy stayed as true as possible to the books, and I enjoyed them greatly.  I have yet to see The Hobbit, but honestly I wasn't very excited about it.  And now this one, which looks to be a complete Hollywood ripoff, not a heartfelt retelling of what may be the best book ever written.


No comments:

Post a Comment