Welcome!

Hello everyone, and welcome to 111 Archer Avenue. What started as a film review blog has become my online judgment forum. I will review the occasional movie or DVD, post an interesting trailer, critique a newly-read book, talk about sports, and share my thoughts and opinions on random issues. You can also follow me on Twitter (@OlieCoen) or check out my work on DVDTalk.com. Thank you and enjoy!

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Movie Trailer - Summer in February

Director: Christopher Menaul
Starring: Dominic Cooper, Emily Browning, Dan Stevens
Release: January 17th, 2014

Some period pieces are so good that they speak to everyone, regardless of the time they represent or the exact subject matter.  I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this is not one of those.  This one looks too specific, so "period-piecey", to dramatic.  I think you'd have to be a big fan of the genre and the era to really enjoy this film on the level that it wants you to.

No comments:

Post a Comment