Welcome!

Hello everyone, and welcome to 111 Archer Avenue. What started as a film review blog has become my online judgment forum. I will review the occasional movie or DVD, post an interesting trailer, critique a newly-read book, talk about sports, and share my thoughts and opinions on random issues. You can also follow me on Twitter (@OlieCoen) or check out my work on DVDTalk.com. Thank you and enjoy!

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Thought - COFCA


I was recently accepted as a member of the Central Ohio Film Critics Association (COFCA).  I see this as a big step toward my ultimate goal of being a professional (and paid) film critic.  I appreciate that the members of the Association valued my hard work over the last year and see me as a fellow critic who is now their colleague.  You can view our homepage at cofca.org, visit the members section to meet all twenty-one members, and check out the reviews page to read critiques of movies currently in the theatre.

Thank you to all my readers, friends, and family who have supported 111 Archer Avenue and my attempt to turn a passion into a profession.  The next step will be to create a website, one that I can have complete control over and will hopefully facilitate my hobby becoming a career.  Keep reading, I'll keep posting, and enjoy!

2 comments: