Welcome!

Hello everyone, and welcome to 111 Archer Avenue. What started as a film review blog has become my online judgment forum. I will review the occasional movie or DVD, post an interesting trailer, critique a newly-read book, talk about sports, and share my thoughts and opinions on random issues. You can also follow me on Twitter (@OlieCoen) or check out my work on DVDTalk.com. Thank you and enjoy!

Friday, November 9, 2012

Sports - Go Duke!

It's that time of year again; college basketball.  Tonight is opening night of the season, and I'm ready for it.  College basketball is great for many reasons, but #1 has got to be this; is has the most entertaining postseason of any sport, amateur or professional.  Nothing beats March Madness.  Now, I'm an NFL guy, and I can watch any weekly match up.  I can't say the same about the NCAAB, but even football playoffs can't compare to the opening weekend of the college hoops tournament.

My team is Duke.  Yeah, I know, you probably hate them.  You hate them because they've always been rich, cocky, relevant, and hyped (Cowboys, Yankees).  But that's exactly why I chose them.  Years ago, I was looking to get into college basketball.  I didn't have any loyalty to a particular school, so I was open to anything.  Duke was always on TV, I liked their old school approach, I respected Coach K, they were an exciting, small, 3-point shooting team, and they just happened to be my favorite color.  So I chose the Blue Devils, and I've been a fan ever since.

Who is your favorite college basketball team?  Does it differ from your favorite college football team?  Is your choice based on location, parents, both?

No comments:

Post a Comment