Welcome!

Hello everyone, and welcome to 111 Archer Avenue. What started as a film review blog has become my online judgment forum. I will review the occasional movie or DVD, post an interesting trailer, critique a newly-read book, talk about sports, and share my thoughts and opinions on random issues. You can also follow me on Twitter (@OlieCoen) or check out my work on DVDTalk.com. Thank you and enjoy!

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Movie Trailer - Jersey Boys

Director: Clint Eastwood
Starring: John Lloyd Young, Vincent Piazza, Christopher Walken
Release: June 20th, 2014

First, let me say that I love Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons.  I grew up listening to the group, was raised on them and the Beach Boys decades after they were popular.  And I love Broadway, I'm a former thespian, I know theatre.  But I also know movies and this won't be a good one.  The main guy's voice in annoying, which Frankie's never was somehow.  The little asides are a dumb trick, not needed when you come down from the stage.  And Clint Eastwood directing?  This is not his thing and he's gonna mess it up.  I'm predicting a crash & burn, despite my love for the subject matter.


No comments:

Post a Comment