Welcome!

Hello everyone, and welcome to 111 Archer Avenue. What started as a film review blog has become my online judgment forum. I will review the occasional movie or DVD, post an interesting trailer, critique a newly-read book, talk about sports, and share my thoughts and opinions on random issues. You can also follow me on Twitter (@OlieCoen) or check out my work on DVDTalk.com. Thank you and enjoy!

Friday, October 12, 2012

Thought - Who do you love?

I made a list the other day of the people that I love.  I tried to be honest and not include distant cousins & old acquaintances, but only the people who I actually feel love for.  There are 10 names on the list.  I don't know what to think about that.  Is that small?  Do I not love enough people?  Or am I lucky to have that many people who I love in my life?  Would other people say 100 but really only mean 5?  What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. I think the more you use the word to describe relationships the less meaning it has. It is similar to how Facebook ruined the meaning of the word 'friend'. Now they have categories for 'top friends' or 'bestest friends' or 'these are my real friends' or other nonsense.

    If you "loved" 100 people you would have to come up with some other term to describe the people you really, really loved.

    Plus, ten is good, round number.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, perhaps not surprisingly I do categorize the people that I love: Family, Friend, In Love, and Burning Building. And the 10 fit into those distinctions.

      Delete
  2. Were you ever asked if something tasted good? How do you answer a question like that? Is it good passing over your taste buds? Does it taste like something you ate regularly as a child and it is associated with good feelings? Do you like sweet while the person asking likes bitter...so is it good because it is sweet or bad because it is not.
    So it is with love. What one person sees as love another may not. The question that should be asked is not how many or how much. Rather, it is do you make the best out of that love in those relationships. If you do, the hours of joy brought by the love of those relationships will be as bountiful with 5 as with 100.

    A wise and happy man once said, "I have hardly met a meal I have not enjoyed".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A wise and stoned man once said, "The love you take is equal to the love you make."

      Delete