Welcome!

Hello everyone, and welcome to 111 Archer Avenue. What started as a film review blog has become my online judgment forum. I will review the occasional movie or DVD, post an interesting trailer, critique a newly-read book, talk about sports, and share my thoughts and opinions on random issues. You can also follow me on Twitter (@OlieCoen) or check out my work on DVDTalk.com. Thank you and enjoy!

Monday, October 27, 2014

Movie Trailer - Bad Turn Worse

Director: Simon & Zeke Hawkins
Starring: Jeremy Allen White, Mackenzie Davis, Mark Pellegrino
Release: November 14th, 2014

Gritty Texan thrillers are a dime a dozen, but this film seems to know & embrace that fact.  What's more, this film seems to understand how to do that classic plot correctly and in a way that audiences want to watch.  I'm all in for this one, a movie I hope will deliver.

2 comments:

  1. That looks interesting in a really dark way. I liked how the screen kept flashing so you only saw snippets of the scene (like a wrapped body dumped, a bloody smear against the wall) but you didn't see which characters dumped the body or who was slumped against the wall. That keeps the mystery in the movie. Can't wait to read your review when it comes out and see if the previews stack up to the movie.

    ReplyDelete