Welcome!

Hello everyone, and welcome to 111 Archer Avenue. What started as a film review blog has become my online judgment forum. I will review the occasional movie or DVD, post an interesting trailer, critique a newly-read book, talk about sports, and share my thoughts and opinions on random issues. You can also follow me on Twitter (@OlieCoen) or check out my work on DVDTalk.com. Thank you and enjoy!

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Movie Trailer - Focus

Director: Glenn Ficarra, John Requa
Starring: Will Smith, Margot Robbie
Release: February 27th, 2015

This looks like a silly movie, one that's been done a million times.  But there's something about heist movies, about cons & marks that gets us all excited, that makes us think we're cool when we're definitely not.  And there's also something about Will Smith; the guy just has the "it" factor, has always had talent beyond measure.  Oh yeah, and Margot Robbie is maybe the hottest actress on the planet.

2 comments:

  1. It will be interesting to see if Will Smith can pull off the tough guy role. There was a time that I thought he could do anything, but his latest movies haven't dazzled like fans are used to. But I agree, it is hard to go wrong with movies about cons and money...interested to see if story stays fresh and tries for a surprise ending.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly doubt it'll turn out to be fresh, but it might not matter, should be entertaining regardless.

      Delete