Welcome!

Hello everyone, and welcome to 111 Archer Avenue. What started as a film review blog has become my online judgment forum. I will review the occasional movie or DVD, post an interesting trailer, critique a newly-read book, talk about sports, and share my thoughts and opinions on random issues. You can also follow me on Twitter (@OlieCoen) or check out my work on DVDTalk.com. Thank you and enjoy!

Friday, December 13, 2013

Movie Trailer - In Secret

Director: Charlie Stratton
Starring: Elizabeth Olsen, Oscar Isaac, Tom Felton, Jessica Lange
Release: February 21st, 2014

I find the similarities between this movie & the DVD I just reviewed (Therese) to be quite odd.  In Secret is based on the 1867 novel Therese Raquin written by Emile Zola.  Therese is based on the 1927 novel by the same name written by Francois Mauriac.  Both books are French, have a main character named Thesese, are about aristocracy, murder, an arranged marriage, and yet were written sixty years apart.  And then two films come out that are very similar but are based on different books?  Supposedly there is no connection between the two projects; go figure.


No comments:

Post a Comment