Welcome!

Hello everyone, and welcome to 111 Archer Avenue. What started as a film review blog has become my online judgment forum. I will review the occasional movie or DVD, post an interesting trailer, critique a newly-read book, talk about sports, and share my thoughts and opinions on random issues. You can also follow me on Twitter (@OlieCoen) or check out my work on DVDTalk.com. Thank you and enjoy!

Monday, June 9, 2014

Movie Trailer - Life of Crime

Director: Daniel Schechter
Starring: Jennifer Aniston, Tim Robbins, Isla Fisher
John Hawkes, Mos Def, Will Forte, Mark Boone Junior
Release: August 29th, 2014

I've liked a few Elmore Leonard movies in my time.  His novels are quick, complicated, and fun, transferring to the screen quite well.  Get Shorty, Jackie Brown, Out of Sight, The Big Bounce; they all did fairly well.  The only thing I'm worried about is the cast; no one is great enough to step up and carry the film.  Maybe they work well together as an ensemble and maybe the movie is a success.


No comments:

Post a Comment