Welcome!

Hello everyone, and welcome to 111 Archer Avenue. What started as a film review blog has become my online judgment forum. I will review the occasional movie or DVD, post an interesting trailer, critique a newly-read book, talk about sports, and share my thoughts and opinions on random issues. You can also follow me on Twitter (@OlieCoen) or check out my work on DVDTalk.com. Thank you and enjoy!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Trailer - Margin Call

Director: J.C. Chandor
Starring: Kevin Spacey, Paul Bettany, Jeremy Irons,
Simon Baker
Year: 2011

It's difficult enough to create a dramatic film based on dramatic events. But it's harder still to create a dramatic film about something that puts most people to sleep. There was nothing either exciting or thrilling about the recent American financial crisis, and to compare it to the Great Depression is just plain foolish.

No comments:

Post a Comment