With free agency over, spring training starting, and no one having any real idea how any of the clubs will actually perform, I think it's time to make some picks. So here they are, my 2014 MLB Way Too Early Predictions:
- Red Sox - Why couldn't they do it again? Added Pierzynski. Lost Ellsbury.
- Yankees - Added Ellsbury, Beltran, McCann, & Roberts. Lost Cano & Grandy.
- Rays - No longer a surprising team. Added Balfour, Bell, & Hanigan.
- Orioles - Their weak spot is their pitching. Added Jimenez. Lost Roberts.
- Blue Jays - Shouldn't be much improved. Added Navarro. Lost Arencibia.
- Tigers - Should be great. Added Kinsler & Nathan. Lost Fielder & Peralta.
- Indians - Francona! Added Murphy & Axford. Lost Perez & Jimenez.
- Royals - Nice pitching staff, solid team. Added Infante & Aoki.
- White Sox - A team with zero punch. Added Eaton. Lost Reed.
- Twins - Seems like a brand new bad team, other than Mauer.
- Rangers - Changing. Added Fielder, Choo. Lost Pierzynski, Kinsler, Murphy.
- Athletics - Won't repeat last year. Added Jim Johnson. Lost Suzuki.
- Angels - Could win a lot of games. Added Freese & Ibanez. Lost Trumbo.
- Mariners - Could make noise. Added Morrison, Cano, Hart, & Rodney.
- Astros - Should be just plain awful again. Added Dexter Fowler.
- Braves - Return an extremely solid lineup. Lost McCann & Hudson.
- Phillies - No reason they shouldn't be contenders. Added Burnett. Lost Halladay.
- Nationals - Not much changing here, should be good but not great.
- Mets - Losing Matt Harvey really hurts. Added Granderson & Colon.
- Marlins - Trying at least. Added Jones, McGehee, Furcal, & Salty.
- Cardinals - Ready for a run. Added Peralta & Bourjos. Lost Beltran & Freese.
- Reds - Great rotation, nice lineup, back from injuries. Lost Choo & Arroyo.
- Pirates - Strong team, but should digress just a little bit. Lost Jones.
- Brewers - Not a horrible team, but stagnant. Added Garza. Lost Hart.
- Cubs - No great talent at any position and won't make much noise.
- Dodgers - They have so many incredible players they have to sit on the bench.
- Giants - Should be much improved. Added Morse & Hudson.
- Diamondbacks - Good, not special. Added Trumbo, Arroyo, & Reed. Lost Eaton.
- Rockies - So-so pitching. Added Stubbs & Morneau. Lost Dexter Fowler.
- Padres - Weak rotation and poor lineup. Very little support or energy.
Most improved teams: Mariners, Phillies, Giants.
Least successful teams: Astros, Twins, Cubs.
World Series: Red Sox vs Dodgers.
As a Yankee fan I hope you're wrong!ReplyDelete
I think NY will be much improved this year. I expect them to be fighting for it in the playoffs.Delete