Welcome!

Hello everyone, and welcome to 111 Archer Avenue. What started as a film review blog has become my online judgment forum. I will review the occasional movie or DVD, post an interesting trailer, critique a newly-read book, talk about sports, and share my thoughts and opinions on random issues. You can also follow me on Twitter (@OlieCoen) or check out my work on DVDTalk.com. Thank you and enjoy!

Friday, January 11, 2013

Movie Trailer - To the Wonder

Director: Terrence Malick
Starring: Ben Affleck, Javier Bardem, Rachel McAdams
Release: April 12th, 2013

Don't see this movie!  Whatever you do, don't get sucked in.  If you are like me, Malick has burned you before: The Thin Red Line, The New World, The Tree of Life.  All of these movies are beyond beautiful, and deep, yes, and stunning, sure.  But they are unwatchable.  Art in a gallery is MEANT to be these things, so that we can look, think, and feel.  A film needs to be something more.  It needs a personal connection, a story, a character, a life of its own that is breathed into it by the director and actors.  Movies are not paintings, they are something completely different, and that is how we can love both.

2 comments:

  1. Now I want to see this film. 1)Because you told me not to ;); 2) Because Javier Bardem is fantastic; and 3) I love Rachel McAdams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A) I kinda wanna see it too, even though I know I'll regret it. 2) Yes he is, I agree. Blue) She may be the second worst actress in history, right behind Zooey Deschanel.

      Delete