Welcome!

Hello everyone, and welcome to 111 Archer Avenue. What started as a film review blog has become my online judgment forum. I will review the occasional movie or DVD, post an interesting trailer, critique a newly-read book, talk about sports, and share my thoughts and opinions on random issues. You can also follow me on Twitter (@OlieCoen) or check out my work on DVDTalk.com. Thank you and enjoy!

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Sports - NFL Picks, Super Bowl


Here is my NFL Super Bowl pick:
(I was 6-4 in the playoffs)

Bal @ SF - So the end of another NFL season is at hand.  It was very entertaining, a lot of excellent story lines: RG3, Peyton with the Broncos, Kaepernick taking over, the Saints scandal, Wilson & Luck, Sanchez & Tebow, Ray Lewis, record-breaking Megatron, and many others.  And although both my fantasy and real life teams failed in the end, I had a lot of fun.  Bring on the Super Bowl.

The Ravens vs. the 49ers.  Should be a very physical and excellent game.  Ray Lewis has inspired his team to do what should have been impossible and the Ravens are flying high.  Their offense has come to life and Flacco is out to prove that he is indeed a top-knotch QB.  The Niners are a very similar team; a strong defense paired with an exciting offense.  Since Kaepernick took over San Fran has been virtually unstoppable.  He adds an element that is hard to gameplan against.  But if any team can beat him, it's the Ravens.  They have momentum on their side, and that is a powerful thing.  I think Baltimore will find a way to win, as they have against overwhelming odds in their past matchups.  Final: Ravens 31-21

No comments:

Post a Comment