Welcome!

Hello everyone, and welcome to 111 Archer Avenue. What started as a film review blog has become my online judgment forum. I will review the occasional movie or DVD, post an interesting trailer, critique a newly-read book, talk about sports, and share my thoughts and opinions on random issues. You can also follow me on Twitter (@OlieCoen) or check out my work on DVDTalk.com. Thank you and enjoy!

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Thought - The Oscars



This year's Academy Award Nominees are out and the Oscar buzz is ...buzzing.  I have put a list of nominees in various categories on The Oscars page of my blog, so check it out.  The biggest surprise to me is Silver Linings Playbook, with nominees in all of the Big Six categories.  I guess I need to turn off my Bradley Cooper bias and see that movie.  I'm not surprised that Ben Affleck did not get an acting nomination for Argo, nor am I surprised that Alan Arkin DID, but I am slightly perplexed as to why Affleck didn't get a nomination for directing; I thought that part of the film was superb.  I'm glad Kathryn Bigelow didn't get a nod for Zero Dark Thirty; I think they're making up for being so wrong about The Hurt Locker.  Anyway, check out The Oscars section to see all the nominees, and let me know what you think about this year's Awards.

2 comments:

  1. The Oscars. The award show that reminds me of all of the potentially great movies I forgot about from the previous year.

    Prime example, the Master. I would like to thank the Academy for reminding me this movies exists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not our fault we don't have time to go to the movies because we have kids. Wait...

      Delete