Welcome!

Hello everyone, and welcome to 111 Archer Avenue. What started as a film review blog has become my online judgment forum. I will review the occasional movie or DVD, post an interesting trailer, critique a newly-read book, talk about sports, and share my thoughts and opinions on random issues. You can also follow me on Twitter (@OlieCoen) or check out my work on DVDTalk.com. Thank you and enjoy!

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Movie Trailer - Ender's Game

Director: Gavin Hood
Starring: Asa Butterfield, Harrison Ford, Abigail Breslin
Release: November 1st, 2013

First off, I think we should put aside whatever political or social feelings we have toward Orson Scott Card and just focus on the movie.  Yes, he is an outspoken Mormon who opposes marriage equality, but whether you agree with his opinions or not he is known as one of the best sci-fi writers of all time.  His novels Ender's Game and Speaker for the Dead both won the genres top prizes in 1985 and 1986.  Unfortunately, I've never read them, but now I want to, as this movie looks really cool.  Having just seen Butterfield in Hugo, I'm not extremely excited about him specifically, but I'll always have a special place for Ford, and I love sci-fi, so I'm in.


No comments:

Post a Comment