Welcome!

Hello everyone, and welcome to 111 Archer Avenue. What started as a film review blog has become my online judgment forum. I will review the occasional movie or DVD, post an interesting trailer, critique a newly-read book, talk about sports, and share my thoughts and opinions on random issues. You can also follow me on Twitter (@OlieCoen) or check out my work on DVDTalk.com. Thank you and enjoy!

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Movie Trailer - Just Like a Woman

Director: Rachid Bouchareb
Starring: Sienna Miller, Golshifteh Farahani
Release: July 5th, 2013

There are so many things wrong with this movie that I'm not sure where to start.  First, no one wants to watch Sienna Miller be dramatic for two hours.  Second, belly dancing?  Really?  And third, the whole girl power movie concept is difficult to watch because it's never honest; not that there aren't strong women out there, but they're not hot dancers who go on road trips with shy BFFs and learn about themselves while overcoming all obstacles.  If you want real feminism watch Norma Rae.


No comments:

Post a Comment