Welcome!

Hello everyone, and welcome to 111 Archer Avenue. What started as a film review blog has become my online judgment forum. I will review the occasional movie or DVD, post an interesting trailer, critique a newly-read book, talk about sports, and share my thoughts and opinions on random issues. You can also follow me on Twitter (@OlieCoen) or check out my work on DVDTalk.com. Thank you and enjoy!

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Movie Trailer - Million Dollar Arm

Director: Craig Gillespie
Starring: Jon Hamm, Aasif Mandvi, Alan Arkin
Lake Bell, Suraj Sharma, Bill Paxton, Madhur Mittal
Release: May 16th, 2014

Americans are suckers for baseball movies.  I guess it's because that sport is supposed to be our national pastime, but man have there been some bad baseball movies.  But this one could actually be good.  I like Jon Hamm (Mad Men) and he's a real life fan of the game; a St. Louis Cardinal born & bred.  A little humor, a bit of a love story, sure, sounds good.  But it's the Disney label that's got me worried.  I'm afraid, in the end, that it will just be one big cheese ball with no real substance.  So it could be good, but it's going to be a tossup.


No comments:

Post a Comment