Welcome!

Hello everyone, and welcome to 111 Archer Avenue. What started as a film review blog has become my online judgment forum. I will review the occasional movie or DVD, post an interesting trailer, critique a newly-read book, talk about sports, and share my thoughts and opinions on random issues. You can also follow me on Twitter (@OlieCoen) or check out my work on DVDTalk.com. Thank you and enjoy!

Friday, August 2, 2013

Movie Trailer - 12 Years a Slave

Director: Steve McQueen
Starring: Chimetel Ejiofor, Michael Fassbender, Brad Pitt,
Paul Giamatti, Paul Dano
Release: October 31st, 2013

Talk about heavy.  No light touches or euphemisms here.  It looks like if you can stand the brutality and the realism than you might get to see some A-1 acting. I saw one of Steve McQueen's (not the Great Escape guy) other movie, Hunger, and it was pretty raw.  Come to think of it, Michael Fassbender was in that too.  He's quickly becoming one of my new favorite actors.


No comments:

Post a Comment