Welcome!

Hello everyone, and welcome to 111 Archer Avenue. What started as a film review blog has become my online judgment forum. I will review the occasional movie or DVD, post an interesting trailer, critique a newly-read book, talk about sports, and share my thoughts and opinions on random issues. You can also follow me on Twitter (@OlieCoen) or check out my work on DVDTalk.com. Thank you and enjoy!

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Movie Trailer - Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom

Director: Justin Chadwick
Starring: Idris Elba, Naomie Harris, Tony Kgoroge
Release: November 29th, 2013

I'm not really into biopics; they're usually just so sappy, heavy-handed, and one-sided.  Whoever is making the film idolizes the hero of the story, making the biography come across as worship.  But I guess if I want facts I could just watch a documentary on Mandela, but that would be really boring.  So I don't know, maybe an over-dramatic take is better than an ultra-realistic take.


No comments:

Post a Comment