Welcome!

Hello everyone, and welcome to 111 Archer Avenue. What started as a film review blog has become my online judgment forum. I will review the occasional movie or DVD, post an interesting trailer, critique a newly-read book, talk about sports, and share my thoughts and opinions on random issues. You can also follow me on Twitter (@OlieCoen) or check out my work on DVDTalk.com. Thank you and enjoy!

Monday, November 18, 2013

Movie Trailer - Noah

Director: Darren Aronofsky
Starring: Russell Crowe, Jennifer Connelly, Anthony Hopkins
Ray Winstone, Emma Watson, Logan Lerman
Release: March 28th, 2014

There's a lot to touch on regarding this trailer.  First, Aronofsky is a very unique director.  His movies are so original that you are forced to either love or hate them.  Pi; oh my god no.  Black Swan; one of the best movies I've ever seen.  The same could be said about these actors, they're really hit or miss.  Russell Crowe has had some great roles, but he's also failed miserably.  Then there's the whole biblical aspect and which way Aronofsky will choose to go with it; factual or mythical.  I don't know, it just seems like a lot of complications and I'm not sure I'm willing to put in the time.  I am intrigued though, so maybe the teaser did its job by getting me to talk about it & catching my attention.


No comments:

Post a Comment